Frequently Asked Questions
Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Fresno Inn
Best Western Village Inn
Comfort Suites Fresno River Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North
Courtyard by Marriott Fresno
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fresno Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
Piccadilly Inn Airport
Piccadilly Inn Shaw
Ramada Fresno North
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fresno
Best Western Clovis Cole
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis-Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Clovis
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno Airport
Following Locations for Yosemite Trips:
Americas Best Value Inn – Yosemite South Gate
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Comfort Inn Yosemite Area
Chateau Du Sureau
Hounds Tooth Inn
Yosemite Mountain Trail Lodge
Yosemite Sierra Inn
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
Fish Camp Locations
Inn the Woods Suites
Narrow Gauge Inn
Owl’s Nest Lodging
Sierra Sky Ranch, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
White Chief Mountain Lodge
Bass Lake Recreational Resort
The Forks Resort
The Pines Resort
WorldMark Bass Lake
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
Our area of expertise are hiking, central coast kayaking and destination tours. If you want to try something different that what we specialize in, we’ll help you plan it and connect you with outfitters that can help get you out there.
Click on the adventure you wish to sign up for and you’ll be taken to our booking page where you’ll be instructed to select dates, time and group size.
Authentic Adventures offers programs year round, except for major holidays.
We provide pick up to and from your home and hotel, at least one meal, water, snacks, trekking poles, plastic covers for your cell phone during kayak trips.
We provide pick up from Fresno, Clovis, Madera, Visalia, Hanford, Lemoore and Oakhurst. There will be an extra fees if pick up is requested from El Portal or Groveland CA for Yosemite Trips.
So glad you asked! Recreation therapy uses leisure to help people dealing with physical, mental or emotional conditions to improve their overall health, their current skills and abilities and their emotional wellbeing. Recreational therapists use a variety of activities to address these issues from sports to music. Authentic Adventures Cen Cal uses outdoor adventure as a means to improve overall health and well being.
Contact your service coordinator to sign up. They will send us a referral and we’ll connect with you so you can book with us.
Currently our tours can be modified for those with physical and cognitive disabilities. Email us at [email protected] to let us know what accommodations you need and we will make it happen!
Our adventure groups max out at 12 people for destination tours. For hiking tours; the max is 10 people. It helps keep the group intimate and gives the guide a chance to get to know participants better and meet their needs.
We also provide private programs if groups are not your thing.
This depends on the activity. Hiking activities can be done at any age if parents have the right equipment to take their child along on the hike. For our destination trips to the coast or Sacramento, all ages welcome, but recommend age 3 as the youngest age to participate in our kayaking activities. To participate in an adventure, any participant 17 and under will require a guardian present for the activity.
Our Grant Grove, Roaring River, Yosemite Valley Floor and Giant Forest hikes are made for beginners. Mariposa Grove, Morro Rock, Sherman Tree, and Vernal Falls are for more advanced hikers.
Not at all! We can provide equipment for you if you’d like. If you have your own, we welcome you to bring it along with you for your adventure.
For hiking trips, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray (spring/ summer) hiking boots or tennis shoes are highly recommended. Also, dressing in layers is key. The temperature and weather can change quickly in our national parks. A small backpack is also recommended to carry water and snacks.
For any water activity, a change of clothes is recommended as well as water proof shoes/ sandals.
At Authentic Adventures, your health and safety are our primary concern. These are the steps we are taking to keep everyone healthy during one of our adventures.
Expectations of Staff
- All staff undergo health screening before taking any group on a tour.
- All staff have gone through training for increased sanitation, disinfecting, social distancing and masking to limit transmission of illness.
- All activity equipment and safety gear will be disinfected and sanitized prior to use. This includes hiking poles, helmets, life jackets, kayaks, tents, camping pads, hammocks, paddles, tables and chairs.
- Masks will be required if social distancing can not be maintained- indoors while at National Parks, while in tour vehicle, etc.
- Private tours are offered to those who do not want to be grouped with other guests.
- PPE and sanitizer are offered to all guests free of charge upon request.
Expectations of Participants
- Participants will be required to sign our standard Acknowledge of Risk form prior to participating in a tour, which has been updated to acknowledge the “risk of airborne diseases & viruses such as COVID.”
- Participants are encouraged to take the necessary precautions to protect themselves before their trip and when traveling.
- Participants must call our office if they have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to a scheduled trip or if they develop flu-like symptoms (a fever, cough, and shortness of breath) during the 14 days prior to a scheduled trip.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
For participant travel plans that are interrupted due to illness, we can offer a full holding credit or a reduced cancellation fee of $15/person when we are notified at least 72 hours prior to trip departure. For last-minute cancellations please call or email our office directly (559-862-4438/ [email protected]) for support & options.