Got a few days? Here is the perfect itinerary for Yosemite National Park!
Yosemite National Park is a stunning natural wonder that offers visitors a variety of activities and sights to explore. Here is a suggested itinerary for a perfect trip to Yosemite National Park:
- Begin the day early and head to the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center to pick up maps and get a general overview of the park.
- Take the Yosemite Valley Shuttle to the Happy Isles trailhead and start hiking the Mist Trail. This trail offers stunning views of Vernal Fall and Nevada Fall, and is a moderate hike that takes around 3-4 hours to complete.
- After completing the hike, grab lunch at the Yosemite Valley Lodge or one of the other nearby restaurants.
- Spend the afternoon exploring the Yosemite Valley floor. Visit some of the iconic landmarks like El Capitan, Half Dome, and Yosemite Falls. Take a stroll along the Merced River and soak in the beautiful scenery.
- As the sun sets, head to Tunnel View for some breathtaking views of Yosemite Valley and the surrounding mountains.
- Start the day early and take a drive up to Glacier Point, which offers some of the best views in the park. There are also several hiking trails in this area, including the 4-mile roundtrip hike to Sentinel Dome, which offers 360-degree views of the park.
- After returning from Glacier Point, grab lunch at the Yosemite Valley Lodge or one of the other nearby restaurants.
- Spend the afternoon exploring the Tuolumne Meadows area of the park. This area is known for its wildflowers and offers several hiking trails, including the easy 2-mile roundtrip hike to Soda Springs and Parsons Lodge.
- As the sun sets, head to Olmsted Point for stunning views of Tenaya Canyon and Half Dome.
- Take an early morning hike up to the top of Yosemite Falls, which is the tallest waterfall in North America. The hike is strenuous, but the views from the top are worth it.
- After returning from the hike, grab lunch at the Yosemite Valley Lodge or one of the other nearby restaurants.
- Spend the afternoon exploring the Mariposa Grove, which is home to over 500 giant sequoias. There are several hiking trails in this area, including the 2-mile roundtrip hike to the Grizzly Giant, which is one of the largest trees in the world.
- As the sun sets, head to the Wawona Hotel for dinner and drinks. The historic hotel was built in 1876 and offers a charming atmosphere and delicious cuisine.
- Take a scenic drive along Tioga Road, which offers stunning views of the high country of the park. Stop at Tenaya Lake for a picnic lunch and a swim.
- After lunch, continue driving along Tioga Road and stop at Tuolumne Meadows for some hiking and exploration.
- As the sun sets, head back to Yosemite Valley and enjoy a final dinner at one of the park’s restaurants.
This itinerary offers a good mix of hiking, sightseeing, and relaxation, and is a great way to experience all that Yosemite National Park has to offer. However, keep in mind that there are many other activities and sights in the park, so feel free to customize the itinerary to suit your interests and preferences.